Challenge 66 at Scrap Your Crap: Embossing!


Hi!

The challenge this month at Scrap Your Crap is all about embossing! Wet or dry, or both! I made this layout for the challenge.  I inked, heat embossed and cut out the letters for the title.  Then I dry embossed the black panel behind the top right photo on regular pattern paper. I applied embossing ink with a brayer on the raised areas, then heat embossed with clear powder. I then inked the whole piece of paper with black ink, and the embossed areas acted as a resist. There's a great tutorial here if you want to see how it's done!


This is the Italian garden at Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C. I used the Ambrosia collection from Basic Grey.

Go check out what the rest of the DT did with their embossing techniques on the blog!

Have a creative weekend!

Martine

1 Response to "Challenge 66 at Scrap Your Crap: Embossing!"

  1. Unknown Says:

    love your take on the sketch, the extra photos are fab and you are so lucky to have these little bits of family history... that large crocheted doily is so beautiful too

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails