A day with Tim Holtz, sketches and a DT call!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long... Good news is I've FINALLY scrapped a page! I'll be able to post it Monday as it will be reveal time at Sassy Lil' Sketches! Speaking of which, I missed posting many of their last sketches, check them out! The DT made wonderful LOs, and it's never too late to do yours!

The April 28th LO sketch:



The May 14th card sketch:


The May 21st LO sketch:


And finally the May 28th LO sketch:


And speaking of Sassy Lil' Sketches, they're having their next DT call right now! You have until June 20th to put in your application for the card or layout DT. You can find out all the details
here.

Here's the sketch you have to use for the layout DT:


And here's the one for the card DT:


You should give it a try! We always get inspiring sketches to work with! It's lots of fun!

Ok, so the only scrappy thing I've done in the last two months is spend a day with Tim Holtz!!! That's not too bad, right? ;) It was such a FUN day! Tim is a great teacher! He really seems to enjoy what he does. He was so nice and patient with everybody. He would go around all the tables, talking to everybody and helping anybody that needed it. He was always smiling! And never tired of taking pictures with everybody and signing things!! He signed my book (I had brought his book "A Compendium of Curiosities"), the mini-album I made, and the lid of my favorite distress ink, Shabby Shutters! lol! I took two classes. We made a frame with grunge paper flowers in the 1st one, and a mini-album in the 2nd one. Here are a few pics of the day!

Tim teaching:


Tim helping some ladies at my table. He was always so patient and helpful!


The grunge paper roses in progress:


Tim and me, showing off my morning project:


Me working away at the afternoon project, the mini-album.


I didn't have time to finish mine, but I'll use it for some of the flower pictures from the British gardens we visited last summer.



Getting dirty with Tim was fun!;)


Well, that's it for today! I'll see you in a couple of days with my new reveal! Thanks for reading this long post!



1 Response to "A day with Tim Holtz, sketches and a DT call!"

  1. Katie Says:

    You got to go to a Tim class! How exciting! I love how your project came out...beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails